We all have had our fair share of bad skin days, waking up on a pleasant day, but our skin does not do justice to it. Don’t worry, we have got you covered on how to tackle such a situation head on with DIY face masks; without having to invest a lot of time and money on a trip to the salon, which can be quite an awful idea on a sluggish day. Make your skin happy and get ready for those sun-kissed pictures with our DIY face masks.
Natural DIY Face Masks
- Oatmeal mask:
What you need: 3 tablespoons dried oats, 1 tablespoon organic honey, 1 tablespoon whole milk
This concoction is a great alternative to moisturizer. Honey is full of natural hydrating and nourishing agents which helps the skin retain moisture to its natural pH level without making it super oily. Honey also eliminates the appearance of scars and dark spots. Oatmeal has amino acids which are necessary for healthy skin, plus it acts as an exfoliator. Lactic acid rich milk brightens the skin by gently removing dry dead skin cells.
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until a smooth paste.
- Gently apply the mixture to your face.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Pat your face dry with a soft towel.
- Avocado Mask:
What you need: ½ ripe avocado, ½ ripe banana
Oleic acid in avocados helps reduce inflammation. Bananas are rich in vitamin A and E and unsaturated fats which make your skin supple, soft and bouncy. This mask leaves your skin looking nourished and fresh.
- Mash the avocado and banana in a bowl and mix them into a paste without leaving lumps.
- Apple directly on your skin in an even layer.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
- Strawberry Mask:
What you need: Fresh strawberries, 3 tablespoons organic honey, 1 tablespoon olive oil
Strawberries are rich in anti-oxidants and vitamin C. They also have alpha hydroxy acids which help in exfoliating the skin by giving a tingling sensation.
- Mix all the ingredients in a smooth paste.
- Apple evenly on your face for 15 minutes.
- Wash with warm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Egg White Mask:
Benefit: Minimizes pores
What you need: 1 egg white, 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice, ½ teaspoon honey
Egg white, as we all know, is jam packed with proteins. It helps tighten the pores and thus proves to be anti-ageing. Lemons have vitamin C, which fights off any acne-causing bacteria on the surface of the skin while simultaneously eliminating discolouration of the skin. Honey is antiseptic and provides nourishment to balance the tautness. This combo is one of the best for toning and tightening the skin.
- Whisk the egg white and lemon together till the mixture becomes frothy.
- Add honey to it and blend it well with the other ingredients.
- Open your pores by steaming your face or washing it with warm water before applying the mask.
- Let the mask dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash with warm water and pat your skin dry with a clean soft towel.
- Turmeric Mask:
Benefits: Fights bacteria
What you need: 2 tablespoons turmeric, 3 tablespoons lemon juice
The benefits of turmeric are widely known by everyone all around the world. In Ayurveda, turmeric is defined as the cure for all skin and health related issues. It is full of antioxidants and also acts as an anti-inflammatory. The medical properties of turmeric help in reducing blemishes.
- Mix turmeric and lemon juice together till it turns into a soft paste.
- Apple this on your face for 15 minutes till it completely dries.
- Rinse with warm water and pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
Watch this video for Japanese inspired DIY face masks to provide your skin with the nourishment it deserves.